Friday, 20 September 2013

Rate card analysis

































At the top we have an up to date rate card by NME inside there is presented reader research, statsistics and reviews. We see there is higher amount of male readers than female, a whole 76% to 26% females. They have even looked into the kind of people their readers are which shows they have taken in information and portrayed a clear picture of who their audience is.

From this I have learnt to take interest into the readers of these genre magazines and who I should be aiming at, I also realised I need to give the readers what they would want for my magazine to go well and to do this I need to do lots of surveys.


At the bottom we have a up to date rate card, which is filled with lots and lots of information but what I found really good was the bullet points by Kerrang which explains what key aspects of the magazine which have made it a success, they have also done some target research on what readers buy and how the magazines affects their purchase.

I have learnt by kerrang that my magazine needs to be part of the music scene and not just an outside voice talking about it, to do that my magazine needs to interact with its readers and involve them in and with the magazine. Aswell as just being about the magazine Kerrang sometimes puts modern day issues into an understandable teenage form making the magazine relate to the world. For all this I need to speak to the target market and ask what they want.














No comments:

Post a Comment